Abu Hail is a residential area located in the Deira region of Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It is situated between the neighborhoods of Al Waheda, Al Twar, and Hor Al Anz. Abu Hail is a popular area for families due to its relatively affordable housing options and convenient location.
Here are some more details about Abu Hail:
- Housing: Abu Hail has a mix of apartments and villas, with many mid-rise buildings offering 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom units. The villas are typically 3-bedroom units with private gardens. The area is relatively affordable compared to other neighborhoods in Dubai, making it popular among families and young professionals.
- Transportation: Abu Hail is well-connected to the rest of Dubai via public transportation. The Abu Hail Metro Station (Green Line) is located in the neighborhood, providing easy access to popular destinations like Dubai Mall, Dubai Marina, and the Dubai International Airport. Several bus routes also run through Abu Hail, connecting it to other areas of Deira and beyond.
- Amenities: Abu Hail has several schools, both public and private, catering to students of different ages and nationalities. Some of the popular schools in the area include Abu Hail Primary School, Abu Hail Secondary School, and The Philippine School Dubai. The neighborhood also has several parks and green spaces, including the Al Mamzar Beach Park and the Abu Hail Park. For shopping and entertainment, residents can head to the nearby Al Ghurair Centre or the Deira City Centre mall.
- Demographics: Abu Hail is a diverse neighborhood with residents from different nationalities and backgrounds. The majority of the population is made up of expatriates, with a significant number of South Asian and Arab residents. There are also several small businesses and shops run by local entrepreneurs in the area.
- Landmarks: Abu Hail is located close to several key landmarks in Dubai. The Dubai Creek, a historic waterway that flows through the city, is just a short distance away. Residents can take a boat ride on the creek or visit the Dubai Creek Park, which is a popular spot for picnics and outdoor activities. The neighborhood is also home to the Abu Hail Center, a popular shopping and entertainment destination.
- Healthcare: Abu Hail has several healthcare facilities, including hospitals, clinics, and pharmacies. Some of the popular hospitals in the area include Al Baraha Hospital and Dubai Hospital, which offer a range of medical services to residents.
- Safety: Abu Hail is a relatively safe neighborhood, with low crime rates compared to other areas in Dubai. The Dubai Police have a strong presence in the area, with several police stations and checkpoints located throughout the neighborhood. Residents can also contact the Dubai Police using the emergency number (999) for any assistance or emergencies.
- Religious sites: Abu Hail is home to several mosques, including the Abu Hail Mosque, which is one of the largest mosques in the area. The mosque has a distinctive architecture and a beautiful interior that attracts visitors from all over Dubai. There is also a Shia mosque, the Al Murtaza Mosque, located nearby.
- Dining options: Abu Hail has several dining options, ranging from local street food to international cuisine. Some of the popular restaurants in the area include Al Arrab Restaurant, which serves traditional Emirati food, and Papa Murphy's, which offers American-style pizza. There are also several small cafés and bakeries that serve fresh pastries, coffee, and tea.
- Fitness and sports: Abu Hail has several fitness centers and sports clubs, including the Abu Hail Fitness Centre, which offers a range of fitness programs and classes. The neighborhood also has several parks and green spaces where residents can go for a walk or jog, including the Al Mulla Plaza Park and the Hor Al Anz Park.
- Festivals and events: Abu Hail hosts several cultural and community events throughout the year, including the Dubai Shopping Festival and the Dubai Food Festival. The Abu Hail Centre also organizes regular events and activities for residents, including music concerts, live performances, and children's activities.
- Accessibility: Abu Hail is located near several major roads and highways, making it easy to access other parts of Dubai by car. The Dubai International Airport is just a 10-minute drive away, while the Dubai Festival City Mall and the Dubai World Trade Centre are both within a 15-minute drive. The neighborhood is also well-connected via public transportation, with several bus routes and a metro station located within walking distance of most residential areas.