Ras Al Khor is a neighborhood located in the southeastern part of Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The name "Ras Al Khor" means "cape of the creek" in Arabic, and the neighborhood is situated at the mouth of the Dubai Creek, where it meets the Persian Gulf.
Ras Al Khor is known for its wildlife sanctuary, which covers an area of over 6 square kilometers and is home to several species of birds, including flamingos, herons, and ospreys. The sanctuary also has several walking trails and observation points, making it a popular destination for nature lovers and bird watchers.
In addition to the wildlife sanctuary, Ras Al Khor is also home to several industrial and commercial areas, such as the Dubai International Airport and the Dubai Festival City. The neighborhood has several small businesses, shops, and restaurants, as well as a few large shopping malls, such as the Dubai Festival City Mall and the Deira City Centre.
Ras Al Khor is well-connected to other parts of Dubai, with several major roads passing through the area, including the Ras Al Khor Road and the Dubai-Al Ain Road. The neighborhood is also close to several important landmarks and attractions, such as the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Mall.
For those who enjoy outdoor activities, Ras Al Khor has several options, such as the Creek Park, which has several walking and jogging tracks, as well as picnic areas and playgrounds. The neighborhood is also close to several beaches, such as the Jumeirah Beach and the Kite Beach.
- Ras Al Khor is a historic area that has played an important role in Dubai's development. The neighborhood was once a major trading hub, where goods from around the world were brought in by boat and sold in local markets.
- Today, Ras Al Khor is a mix of old and new, with several historic buildings and landmarks, as well as modern developments and infrastructure. One of the most iconic landmarks in the neighborhood is the Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary, which was established in 1998 and has since become a popular attraction for visitors and locals alike.
- Ras Al Khor is home to several schools, both public and private, including the Dubai English Speaking School and the Al Mawakeb School. The neighborhood is also close to several universities and colleges, such as the Zayed University and the American University in Dubai.
- In terms of transportation, Ras Al Khor has several options, including taxis, buses, and the Dubai Metro's Green Line. The neighborhood is also close to the Dubai International Airport, which serves as a major hub for travel and commerce in the region.
- Ras Al Khor is a relatively affordable area to live in, compared to other parts of Dubai. The neighborhood offers a range of housing options, from small apartments to spacious villas, making it an attractive option for families and expats.
- For those who enjoy shopping and entertainment, Ras Al Khor has several options, such as the Dubai Festival City Mall, which has over 400 stores, as well as a cinema, an ice rink, and several restaurants and cafes.
Overall, Ras Al Khor is a vibrant and diverse neighborhood that offers a mix of natural beauty, commercial activity, and convenient amenities, as well as easy access to other parts of Dubai.